Fundraising at Work
Download our Business Support Booklet (1MB) for all the details of how your business can support Weldmar Hospicecare!
As well as raising vital funds and awareness for our charity, supporting Weldmar Hospicecare in your place of work can bring many benefits to your business and staff.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Lizzie Baking Bird filmed a virtual baking workshop and held a Tasty Tuesday Deal (four scones including cream and jam, and four pieces of cake, all for just £10!) in aid of Weldmar.
Why work with Weldmar Hospicecare?
- You will be assigned a dedicated member of the fundraising team who will fully support you throughout the partnership, helping to make the most out of your fundraising
- We can provide a Weldmar Ambassador to speak to your staff at work or at your fundraising events
- Demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility to your staff and customers
- Partnering with your local hospice allows you to really see the difference your support is making. You will be offered the chance to visit the hospice during the partnership.
- Make a positive impact on the community your staff live and work in
- The team building benefits of fundraising will lead to workplace positivity and boosted staff morale
- We will help you to make the most of social and printed media opportunities linked to your fundraising
How can you and your colleagues help?
Fundraising with your colleagues in your place of work can take many forms including dress down days, bake sales, a bad tie day or raffle!
Charity of the Year
Many businesses chose a different charity each year to focus their fundraising efforts. If your employer does this, please nominate us!
Gift in Kind
As well as raising money, some businesses can donate goods or services to help us to reduce our expenditure or raise money. For example, we often need raffle or auction prizes for our fundraising events or items for event participant goody bags. If you feel you might be able to support us in this way, we would love to discuss this with you.
Many of our own events offer fantastic sponsorship opportunities for businesses to gain positive exposure linked to a well-regarded local charity. Our sponsorship pack, detailing the benefits on offer, is available on request.
Alaine Harman from our Fundraising Team with Peter Hyde, owner of Trinity St. Christmas Trees, who worked with us as part of our Tree-cycle initiative.
Cause related marketing
Can your business donate a small percentage of products or services you sell to Weldmar? This is an excellent way of supporting the charity on an ongoing basis or over a particular period of time.
Payroll giving allows you to make donations direct from your wages before tax is deducted, giving immediate tax relief. It also gives us a reliable, regular income. Does your employer offer this? If so, please consider choosing Weldmar Hospicecare to donate regularly to.
Pennies from Heaven
Similar to Payroll giving, pennies from heaven allows employees to sign up to donate from their salary. Their Salary will be rounded down to the nearest £1 and the pennies (up to 99p) are donated to the charity chosen by the employer. If you have a large number of employees, this can add up to a substantial amount each month and compliment your charity partnership with us.
Volunteering & Team Opportunities
There are a number of ways that your team can volunteer with us at Weldmar. This could be skills based volunteering, gardening, painting or at a fundraising event. For example, we always need help with registering event participants, marshalling our routes and selling merchandise! Let us know if you’d like to volunteer and we will let you know the current opportunities to get involved.
Staff from Waterside Holiday Park & Spa about to take on their 22 mile sponsored walk in aid of Weldmar.
Other ways you can help:
- Matched funding – some businesses will make a donation to us, matching your fundraising efforts!
- Recycle used stamps – an easy way to support us! Please contact us to request a stamp collection box for your workplace.
- Display a collection box in your canteen or reception desk.
- Spread the word! Please tell your clients, suppliers, colleagues, friends and family about our charity and encourage them to get involved too.
If you would like to find out more about how you can get involved with Weldmar Hospicecare, please call our fundraising team on 01305 261 800 or email us