Matt’s Colossal 10
Matt said “In my ten years at Weldmar Hospicecare I have seen the fantastic care that has been given to thousands of patients and their loved ones. In the past decade, the services available to the people of Dorset have evolved and become much more patient centred.
Like so many people, my family have benefited by using the services of Weldmar. My aunt was cared for by the amazing staff both at home and within the hospice 17 years ago. Her illness affected the whole family, but Weldmar weren’t just there for her, but all of us too.
I see each and every day what a difference the hospice makes to so many families and how vital the services are that are provided across the county. However, working in fundraising, I know just how important the continued support from our local community is, to ensure these services can be provided throughout Dorset.
I have been extremely lucky to have worked with, and supported, so many people who have taken on challenges to raise money for Weldmar and in my tenth year, it is now my time to step up to the mark.”
The 10 challenges ranged from being physically fit, being an adrenaline junky, facing fears and going the extra mile to raise as much money as possible for Weldmar Hospicecare.
Below are the challenges Matt completed throughout 2017 as part of ‘Matt’s Colossal 10’ – click on the titles to learn more.
- Dread and Jaws – Snorkelling with Sharks – watch the video – Challenge Completed!
- 100m Abseil down Spinnaker Tower – watch the video – Challenge Completed!
- Virgin Money London Marathon – April 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Skydiving – May 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Wingwalking – July 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Three Peaks Challenge – August 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Shop-to-shop Cycle Challenge – September 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Borneo Jungle Challenge – October 2017 – Challenge Completed!
- Zip Wire – October 2017 – watch the video – Challenge Completed!
- Ten Hour Dance-a-thon – November 2017 – watch the video – Challenge Completed!
Matt blogged throughout the year about his Colossal 10 on the WessexFM website – at http://www.wessexfm.com/blogs/colossal-ten/
To sponsor Matt visit www.justgiving.com/colossal10
On Saturday 18th November, Matt will host a ‘CelebraTEN’ evening – finale evening to mark the end of all ten the challenges at Thomas Hardye School. Learn more now (ended)