Light up a Life
Our Light up a Life services are being held in November and December across Dorset, and combine readings and carol singing supported by local community musicians and singers, bringing people together during a season when feelings of loss are strongest for us, and enabling us to experience these completely natural feelings together. We also invite you to make a donation and dedicate a light (or lights) in memory of someone special (see the form at the end of this page).
Everyone for whom a donation is made is remembered through the lights that will shine on our special trees, will be acknowledged with a special card and their names will be recorded in our 2018 Book of Remembrance.
During our services, our Christmas tree lights will be illuminated – each light on the tree representing the life of a loved one who is no longer with us.
Service details as follows:
- Wednesday 27th November – Castle Gardens, Sherborne – 6.30pm
- Thursday 28th November – Orchard Park Garden Centre, Gillingham – 6.30pm
- Sunday 1st December – Holme for Gardens, Wareham – 4pm
- Tuesday 3rd December – Joseph Weld Hospice, Dorchester – 6.30pm
- Sunday 8th December – Hope Square, Brewer’s Quay, Weymouth – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 10th December – Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens – 4.30pm
There will be a prayer of remembrance and dedication during the Parish Carol Service in St Michael’s Church, Lyme Regis on Sunday 15th December at 4pm.
How to dedicate lights
You can dedicate and donate online now, using the form below.
- Payment may also be made over the phone by telephoning 01305 261800.
- Dedications may be requested until 31st December 2019