Light up a Life
Our Light up a Life services are being held in November and December across Dorset, and combine readings and carol singing supported by local community musicians and singers, bringing people together during a season when feelings of loss are strongest for us, and enabling us to experience these completely natural feelings together. We also invite you to make a donation and dedicate a light (or lights) in memory of someone special (see the form at the end of this page).
Everyone for whom a donation is made is remembered through the lights that will shine on our special trees, will be acknowledged with a special card and their names will be recorded in our 2019 Book of Remembrance.
During our services, our Christmas tree lights will be illuminated – each light on the tree representing the life of a loved one who is no longer with us.
Service details as follows:
- Wednesday 27th November – Castle Gardens, Sherborne – 6.30pm
- Thursday 28th November – Orchard Park Garden Centre, Gillingham – 6.30pm
- Sunday 1st December – Holme for Gardens, Wareham – 4pm
- Tuesday 3rd December – Weldmar’s Inpatient Unit, Herringston Road, Dorchester – 6.30pm
- Thursday 5th December – Groves Nurseries & Garden Centre, Bridport – 6pm
- Sunday 8th December – Hope Square, Brewer’s Quay, Weymouth – 5pm
- Tuesday 10th December – Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens – 4pm
There will be a prayer of remembrance and dedication during the Parish Carol Service in St Michael’s Church, Lyme Regis on Sunday 22nd December at 4pm.
Our brand new Light Up A Life stars
We have something brand new at this year’s Light Up A Life services – our eco-friendly wooden stars to hang on the Christmas trees in each of our service locations.
You can purchase these at each venue for a small donation.
How to dedicate lights
You can dedicate and donate online now, using the form below.
- Payment may also be made over the phone by telephoning 01305 261800.
- Dedications may be requested until 31st December 2019
Thank you to the team at Dream Cottages, who are supporting Light Up A Life this year. Here are their team, ready with their Light Up A Life stars!