Our Snowdrop Services provide an opportunity to remember loved ones who have died.
In the past, the Snowdrop Services have been held in eleven different locations in Dorset but some have had a low uptake and attendance. Also, we have developed our support services for the bereaved, and these now include:
- quarterly Time to Remember services
- annual Sunflower Services in the summer
- and the pre-Christmas Light Up a Life Services all at different locations throughout Dorset
In order to continue to offer remembrance opportunities to the bereaved and to avoid the replication of services, we are refocusing our Snowdrop Services to complement our other services. In 2018, in addition to our other services, we will hold Snowdrop Services in:
- Sherbourne: The Roman Catholic Church of Sacred Heart & St Aldhelm on Friday 1st February at 11:30am
- Gillingham: St Benedict’s Church on Saturday 2nd February at 11am
- Stalbridge: The Pound Gardens on Sunday 3rd February at 3pm
- Dorchester: Joseph Weld Hospice on Monday 4th February at 2pm
- Beaminster: St Mary’s Church on Tuesday 5th February at 11am
- Lyme Regis: St Mary’s Church on Wednesday 6th February at 2.30pm
- Bridport: United Reformed Church Thursday 7th February at 11am
- Sturminster Newton: The Railway Gardens on Monday 11th February at 11.30am
- Shaftesbury: The Father’s House on Monday 11th February at 3pm
- Blandford: St Peter’s & St Paul’s Church on Tuesday 12th February at 2.30pm
We are only able to hold these events thanks to the generosity of the people of Dorset.
All are welcome to attend these services.
Weldmar Hospicecare’s Snowdrop Gardens and Walks were established to provide a lasting memorial to those who were dear to us. Your loved one may have died in another area, they may not have had cancer or they may have died a long time ago.
You are invited to remember them privately at the Memorials or join with others at the annual Services of Remembrance.
These services are held in late winter when snowdrops first appear, reminding us that the hope and warmth of spring are not far away.
If you wish, snowdrops may be planted in memory of your loved one, and their name included in the Snowdrop Memorial book which is kept in each location. We ask for a donation of £10 to cover costs; this donation would be acknowledged by a commemorative card.
For more information call Weldmar’s Family Support Services on 01305 215321.