Weekly prize draw terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of the Weekly Prize Draw, operated jointly by Weldmar Hospicecare Trust and St Margaret's Somerset Hospice
St Margaret’s Somerset Hospice (SMSH) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act and Weldmar Hospicecare Trust (WHT) is an approved beneficiary receiving a proportionate share of the profits which are used to fund the care that St Margaret’s Somerset Hospice and Weldmar Hospicecare Trust provides to patients and their families throughout Somerset and Dorset.
- When the Weekly Prize Draw office receives your application form, you will be sent an introduction letter advising you of your unique randomly selected (by secure computer software) draw number.
- The Weekly Prize Draw office reserves the right to refuse an application, or to cancel an existing membership without giving a reason and at their absolute discretion. It is the responsibility of the player to advise them of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using their unique draw number. The draw takes place every Friday. For members paying by monthly direct debit (£4.34), the 34p funds each 13th week.
- There is a weekly prize fund of £2000: 1st prize £1000, 2nd prize £500, 3rd Prize £250 (rollover) and 25 prizes of £10. All prizes are guaranteed to be won each week excluding the 3rd prize which, if not won, will be rolled over to the next week to a maximum of £10,000 – then it’s a guaranteed win.
- Prize winners are notified in writing (including cheque) within one week of the draw taking place. The results are published each week in all SMSH/WHT charity shops and on their websites (www.somerset-hospice.org.uk or www.weld-hospice.org.uk). Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16 the Weekly Prize Draw office will refund their money and withhold the prize. Unclaimed prizes will be kept for a minimum of six months.
- Payment methods may be by cheque, direct debit, credit/debit cards or cash (where there is a collection round). The Weekly Prize Draw office does not run an automated credit/debit card facility. Each membership renewal must be by a separate transaction.
- The Weekly Prize Draw office promises to comply with the Data Protection Act and to protect your personal data and not to misuse it. They will store your credit/debit card data securely and will delete your security/card details once your payment has been authorised. The Weekly Prize Draw office cannot accept liability for the loss, delay or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, nor any delays in the banking system.
- Members may cancel their membership at any time by contacting the Weekly Prize Draw office. If the membership is in credit the unique draw number will be entered into the appropriate number of draws until the credit expires, after which the membership will be cancelled.
- Any requests to be self excluded (terminology used in 2005 Gambling Act) from the Weekly Prize Draw can be telephoned to the Weekly Prize Draw office. Members wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the Weekly Prize Draw for a minimum of 6 months thereafter. For further clarification on this point, please contact the Lottery Manager.
- The 2005 Gambling Act confirms that the Weekly Prize Draw office now has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are over the age of 16, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play the Weekly Prize Draw. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a Weekly Prize Draw. The Weekly Prize Draw office will carry out checks, where appropriate, to verify the above including, if necessary, seeking confirmation from relevant agencies who can provide such information.
- SMSH is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the The GREaT Foundation, an organisation set up with the sole aim of promoting and encouraging responsible gambling. The HLA website www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to the RiGT www.thegreatfoundation.org.uk and also to the website of GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation providing practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can be found on the Gamble Aware website www.gambleaware.co.uk. Our Social Responsibility Policy (PDF 99kb) sets out the Society’s policies and approach to ensuring we handle any gambling activities in a socially responsible way.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with the Weekly Prize Draw’s Complaints and Disputes policy (PDF 89kb), a copy of which is also available from the Weekly Prize Draw office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved it will be referred to arbitration. As SMSH is a member of the HLA this will be performed by The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
- The Weekly Prize Draw office reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.