To help to make sure everyone who needs palliative care gets a good service, Weldmar Hospicecare is committed to supporting education and training.
You can see all our courses online now
or download the programme:
Our aim is to help to improve palliative care for all.
Services available include:
- raising awareness of the role of the hospice and hospice movement
- sharing skills and knowledge by holding study days
- involvement of medical, nursing and other professional staff in teaching at local hospitals and colleges
- involvement with schools, local organisations, societies, clubs and other groups in the local population
- hosting specialist training and study days
- clinical placements for student nurses, qualified staff undertaking specialist courses and overseas visitors
- a resource centre on specialist palliative care with library facilities
- a link with other specialist hospice care providers and international links
- providing speakers to any local organisation – societies, clubs, schools and other community organisations.
- staff in-service training
We run annual courses, study days and other events. Some are open to all and some are restricted to medical and nursing colleagues.
We accept placements of social worker students from Bournemouth University and Southampton Solent University and will consider similar applications from others.
We hope that there is something suitable for everyone – whether you are a senior healthcare professional or a relative/carer.