Dementia awareness in end of life care 2021 (Date TBC)
This course aims to improve your awareness and understanding of dementia. Sessions include assessing pain, advance care planning and the challenges for carers.
Please note the dates for this course are TBC
Aim of day:
To raise awareness of the specific needs of individuals with cognitive impairment, especially at end of life
All participants will be able to:
- Define dementia and how it affects the person and their carers
- Identify the importance of personhood when caring for someone affected by dementia
- Identify the practicable skill set required in all care settings including some simple techniques to help
- Assess and monitor pain using appropriate tools for the patient with dementia
- Consider the implications of dementia in advance care planning
The day will be provided by a multi-professional team from Weldmar Hospicecare Trust.
This course is suitable for all health and social care staff working with individuals with dementia at end of life: for example, community nursing staff, allied health professionals, care home staff, social carers, domiciliary care staff etc
Please download the Weldmar Education Course Booking Form (167KB)
Enquires to Workforce Development – 01305 756928