End of Life Care – One Chance to get it Right 2021 (Dates TBC)
A two day course for registered multi-disciplinary staff; GPs, AHPs and nurses from community, hospital and care home setting. The programme covers all aspects of EoLC including latest EoLC policies, communication and symptom control.
Please note the dates for this course are TBC
“One chance to Get it Right” (2014) and “Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care: National frameworks for Local action 2015-2020” (2015) were welcome and timely publications. These have encouraged us to press on with our work of the past 5 years to continue to offer programmes that prepare staff to be competent, confident and compassionate as they deliver care with empathy, skills and expertise.
A bespoke training programme of two days duration, the course is ideal for registered multi-disciplinary staff: community nurses and practitioners (OTs, PTs), SWAST, care home registered nurses.
Learning Outcomes for the programme
By the end of day two the participants will be able to:
- Identify from their clinical practice where and when interventions have worked well and also where it has been less successful: demonstrating insight into influencing factors.
- Demonstrate sensitive communication skills with those in their care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of loss grief and bereavement: the normalities and complexities
- Critically discuss interventions for a person with complex symptoms at end of life
- Consider and give valid rationale for decisions such as: DNACPR , withholding antibiotics , sedation and supporting decisions to stop treatment
- Identify one new approach/learning that they will take back to their practice
- Identify the local and national drivers for Health and Social Care
- Discuss current models for EoLC care in both health and social care setting
Venue: John Greener Room, Weldmar Hospicecare Inpatient Unit, Dorchester
Dates: 22nd & 27th April 2020
Time: 9am – 4pm
Please download the Weldmar Education Course Booking Form (167KB)
Enquires to Workforce Development – 01305 756928