Ethics day 2021 (Date TBC)
A one day course exploring ethical concepts and related issues involved in palliative and end of life care.
Please note the dates for this course are TBC
This one day course is suitable for all health care professionals who have a role in providing end of life care and who are interested in the ethical issues surrounding such care.
This course aims to explore ethical concepts and related issues involved in palliative and end of life care. It is intended to promote and develop an understanding and consideration of ethical decision-making in practice.
At the end of the day the learner will be expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding about the nature of ethics and ethical theories
- Explain the significance of key ethical principles in relation to end of life care
- Identify significant ethical issues in the provision of holistic palliative and end of life care
- Explore ethical decision-making in practice
Indicative course content
- The nature of ethics
- The Law and ethics
- Ethical principles
- The Mental Capacity Act and advance care planning
- Ethical issues in palliative and end of life care
- Ethical dilemmas and decision-making in practice
Teaching and learning methods
A variety of approaches will be used during the day, including:
- Small group work
- Case Studies
Please download the Weldmar Education Course Booking Form (167KB)
Enquires to Workforce Development – 01305 756928