Gold Standards Framework
Weldmar Hospicecare is the South West Regional Centre of the Gold Standards Framework.
We are now taking bookings for the four day Care Home Training Programme (24th October 2018, 29th November 2018, 23rd January 2019 and 28th March 2019).
If you would like to sign up for this programme please complete the booking form and return it to us as soon as possible:
Further information about GSF please look on their national website or download:
If you would like to know more about the GSF programme at Weldmar, or any other training provided by Weldmar Hospicecare, please telephone 01305 269898, or email email@example.com
What is GSF
The Gold Standards Framework (GSF) is a model that enables good practice to be available to all people nearing the end of their lives, irrespective of diagnosis. It is a way of raising the level of care to the standard of the best. Through the GSF, palliative care skills for cancer patients can now be used to meet the needs of people with other life-limiting conditions. The GSF provides a framework for a planned system of care in consultation with the patient and family. It promotes better coordination and collaboration between healthcare professionals. The tool helps to optimise out-of-hours’ care and can prevent crises and inappropriate hospital admissions. This article will describe the tool in both the primary care and the care home setting and provide a case example to demonstrate its use in practice.
How the GSF can help with Commissioning of Services
As the leading provider of quality improvement, accredited, evidenced based end of life care training for frontline health & social care staff in the UK, GSF Programmes can be used to enhance the commissioning of services in terms of Quality Improvement, Assurance, and Recognition for Quality Outcomes:
- Improved quality of care for people nearing the end of life, their carers and families
- Significant reductions in costs by reducing unnecessary hospital admissions
- Quality outcomes for commissioned contracts
- Improved cost effective provision of services & communications across health & social care
- After Death Audits (ADA)
- GSF programmes are recognised by the CQC and provide a quality assured approach to end of life care across health & social care
- GSF programmes meet targets i.e. CQUINS QIPP, NICE standards, DH Quality Markers, CQC, & Skills for Care etc.
- Meets National policy i.e. End of life Care – Francis Report recommendations
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) recognised as a marker of excellence – risk profile for inspection
- National Skills Academy – Excellent Provider
- Skills for Care
- GSF programmes raise the standard of independent providers, empowering staff, patients and their families