Weldmar’s Indian Himalaya Trek 2020
Take part in our 2020 Overseas Challenge, the Indian Himalaya Trek
Your challenge begins with a tour of India’s bustling capital city Delhi before boarding the overnight train to Pathankot and onward by road to Dharamshala, home of the Dalai Lama. The next day you commence your challenging four-day trek in the Lesser Himalayan range. Relishing the rugged and hilly terrain, the simplicity of the campsites and the delicious local cuisine you will be rewarded by views of jagged Himalayan peaks, deep valleys and gushing rivers. You will discover lush forests and experience the warm welcome of the local people in small villages along the way.
There may be an opportunity to extend your stay in India and join a guided tour to the Taj Mahal in Agra, the Amber Fort in Jaipur and more (subject to availability and at an additional cost)
£390 registration fee plus a minimum fundraising target of £3,250 for Weldmar Hospicecare
At a Glance
- Full Board
- Rated Moderate to Challenging
- 10 – 25 Weldmar trekkers in total
- Cost includes flights (including current airport tax)
- 25 degrees C high, 0 degrees C low
- First Aid trained local staff
- Training walks and fundraising support in the UK
- Plus a Weldmar tour manager joining you in India
What’s it like to be part of a Weldmar Overseas Trek and what support is available?
All your questions are answered here: