Jurassic Coast Challenge
A 13 or 26 mile trek along the Jurassic Coast
Weldmar’s annual Jurassic Coast Challenge returns for 2021!
Take in the spectacular coastline of Dorset, and choose our 13 mile or 26 mile trek. You could take on the distance you want individually, with family members or friends, or you could even get a team together from your workplace or other organisation you belong to.
The 26 mile trekkers will start at the iconic Durdle Door, and walk along the Jurassic coastline towards Worth Matravers where they will be joined by the 13 mile trekkers, and then it’s onto the finish line at Studland, with views of Old Harry Rocks and well earned celebratory refreshments.
This stretch of coastline is renowned for its natural beauty but also for its hills! Trekkers will be tested by the numerous inclines and declines. Following the well marked South West Coast Path, 26 mile trekkers will need to tackle the steep path leading up from Lulworth Cove. The walk then continues along the top of the ridge before heading down towards Warbarrow Bay.
- 26 miles – Durdle Door to Studland
Registration Fee £35 / Minimum Sponsorship £200
- 13 miles – Worth Matravers to Studland
Registration Fee £25 / Minimum Sponsorship £150
- Age: 16 years old and over
What you get
- Fundraising support in the build up from a dedicated Weldmar team member
- Lead walker and guides to help on the day
- First Aid support
- Accurate timing of your walk
- Refreshments on the route
- Finishing medal
- A pasty and glass of fizz at the finish line!
How we are making this event Covid secure
- It’s outside in fresh air, with plenty of room for social distancing
- Registration will take place online, ahead of the event
- Phased start in groups
We are in need of volunteers to ensure our Jurassic Coast Challenge event is safe and runs smoothly. Registrars, marshals, lead, rear and group walkers are all required. Please click here for more information