Weldmar’s Sahara Trek
Join us on the adventure of a lifetime!
Take part in a challenge of a lifetime, exploring one of the most picturesque, and remote locations in the world, in our Overseas Challenge for 2022!
10th – 15th November 2022
We are returning to the location of our very first Overseas Challenge in 2013! It’s your chance to experience a trek like no other, on the African continent, across the largest hot desert in the world.
Your adventure begins in Marrakech, but there isn’t time for shopping in the bazaars or soaking up the culture just yet.
Instead, you will begin your journey into the Sahara Desert, driving over the High Atlas Mountain Range to an overnight stop in Ouarzazate. The next day starts early in the morning as you follow ancient caravan routes into the arid scenery of the Sahara Desert. There, you will meet your local Berbers to begin two days out trekking in the Desert, walking miles in the hot sun at the pace of the camels, setting up camp, and sleeping underneath the stars at the end of each day.
Arriving back in the village of Oulaid Driss, your challenge is over.
From there, you will head back to Marrakech, where you’ll have time to reflect with your fellow trekkers, relive your achievements, and enjoy some free time to explore the exotic city before flying back to London.
Alaine Harman, from Weldmar’s fundraising team, says ‘It’s going to be an incredible experience for anyone taking part. We’ll be trekking through beautiful scenery by day and sleeping under the stars at night. We’ll even be baking bread in the hot sand, and immersing ourselves in the local culture.”
You should sign up for this trek if;
- You like to challenge yourself.
- You’ll be able to reach a good level of fitness at the time of the trek.
- You love travelling, immersing in different cultures, and exploring remote parts of the world.
- You like to meet new people, and work as part of a team.
- You have a connection to Weldmar Hospicecare, or you’d like to support us to be able to continue to provide end of life care in Dorset.
Price: £340 registration fee plus a minimum fundraising target of £1,500 for Weldmar Hospicecare.
Our very first Overseas Trek in 2013 in the Saraha Desert
Sahara Desert Trek 2022 – At a glance
- Flights from the UK (including taxes)
- All transfers & transport in Morocco
- Accommodation in hotels (2 nights), tents on trek (3 nights)
- All meals throughout
- Local trek guides, camels for porters, and full support crew on trek
- 35 degrees C high, 0 degrees C low
- 24-hour emergency support in Morocco and the UK
- Full admin and pre-departure support
- Training walks and fundraising support in the UK
- Weldmar tour manager joining you on the trip
Does not include:
- Personal expenses (such as drinks, laundry etc)
- Transfer to the airport in the UK
- Any visas or vaccinations required
- Optional tips – Personal travel insurance
Ready for the adventure of a lifetime? If you would like more information, please call Alaine Harman on 01305 261800. To register your interest, fill out the form below: