How your unwanted Christmas gifts could make a difference
Don’t let unloved gifts clutter your cupboards!
Let’s face it, most of us probably received a gift at Christmas that we will never use, likely to be packed away in a drawer or cupboard, and forgotten about!
In fact, according to a recent survey, 73% of us say we had an unwanted or unloved present, with novelty gifts, cosmetic and bath sets, kitchen utensils and cookery books, and candles topping the list of the most common.
Donate your unwanted Christmas gifts
One very simple solution is to donate these gifts to Weldmar Hospicecare.
We have a chain of 26 charity shops and larger outlets across Dorset, with all proceeds going towards the end of life care that we provide in the county. Your donation could help towards:
- A visit to a patient at home from a Weldmar Community Nurse
- A stay for a patient in our Inpatient Unit in Dorchester
- Activities for patients at our Day Services across Dorset
- Family support for loved ones going through a difficult time
- A session of physiotherapy, occupational or complementary therapy for a patient
Not only will your unwanted Christmas gifts donation to our charity shop raise the cash from the sale, but an additional 25% will be added to the money that comes to us if you are eligible for Gift Aid. Just ask the staff member or volunteer in your local shop for more details.
Thank you for supporting Weldmar Hospicecare, and we wish you a happy and healthy 2020!