Make your bid for a walk on part on Doc Martin!
An incredible opportunity to see behind the scenes of the ITV show!
The annual Weldmar Summer Fete usually takes place in September, and one of the highlights is the regular visit from actor Martin Clunes.
The TV star will make his way around the stalls in the meadow and pose for countless photographs. He’ll also make sure he pays a visit to every patient currently staying at our Inpatient Unit.
Martin also donates a walk-on part on his popular ITV show, Doc Martin, as one of our Silent Auction lots.
Sadly, we recently had to take the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Summer Fete due to the Covid-19 pandemic. However Martin has been very generous and ensured that we can still run the auction to raise funds, with some additional treats thrown in!
Doc Martin walk on part experience details
There will also be two opportunities to secure the experience – one for an individual, and one for a couple, which are both being auctioned on eBay.
- Your experience will take place in the beautiful picturesque fishing village of Port Isaac in Cornwall. (Better known as Portwenn to avid Doc Martin fans!)
- Your day will start backstage. Here you will have an opportunity to see the costume trailers, hair and makeup. You may even spot some of the cast and other extras.
- After seeing up close the set of Doc Martin, which includes the pharmacy and well known doctors surgery, you will have an opportunity to see the cast of Doc Martin shooting their scenes before taking to stage and starring in the background of one of the scenes yourself, which will air on TV later in the year.
- You will also be provided with the chance to meet the star of the show, Martin Clunes, and complete your day with a photograph to remember!
- And of course, once the day is over, you can look forward to spotting yourself on ITV when Doc Martin airs later in 2022.
You can make a bid until Sunday 19th September.
Our huge thanks goes to Martin Clunes for donating this wonderful experience for Weldmar Hospicecare supporters. It will enable us to raise vital funds to continue providing specialist end of life care in Dorset.
- Filming will take place between February and July 2022 in Port Isaac, Cornwall.
- The successful winner must organise their own transport and other costs themselves.
- Elements of the experience cannot be guaranteed, apart from the walk on part.