Occupational Therapy is available to those attending Joseph Weld Hospice and our Wellbeing Centres and for patients in the community who are under the care of our Weldmar Community Nurses.
If you would like to discuss the occupational therapy available please contact us at Joseph Weld Hospice on 01305 215322.
What should I expect from the Occupational Therapy Service?
You will be offered an assessment by an experienced Occupational Therapist who will discuss your aims and together we will agree a plan to help you achieve as much independence as possible. You may be seen in the hospice, Wellbeing Centre or in your own home, if required.
What services might I be offered?
- Anxiety management for breathlessness
- Advice/information on fatigue management
- Advice/provision of equipment/adaptations which will help you to maintain independence for as long as possible
- Hand assessment and provision of splints for painful joints
- Advice about continuing to carry out leisure pursuits
- Home assessments to enable you to get home after a spell in the hospice or to help you remain in your home
Our Occupational Therapists
Our Occupational Therapists are qualified and experienced members of the British Association of Occupational Therapists and are registered with the Health Professions Council (HCP).
The Disabled Living Foundation for independent advice