Rehabilitation in Palliative Care
Rehabilitation in Palliative Care empowers people to live their lives to the full as they experience changes in their functional and cognitive abilities. The aim is to optimise function enabling patients to live as independently as possible and to improve their quality of life.
Physiotherapy aims to enable you to remain as active as possible, manage your symptoms and maintain your independence.
The Physiotherapist will discuss your condition, what you would like to achieve and what is important to you to maximise your quality of life.
Our Specialist Physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and are registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC). We liaise as required with external agencies such as DAIRS – Dorset Adult Integrated Respiratory Services and Community Rehabilitation Teams
What services might I be offered?
· Advice on exercise and activity
· Breathlessness management techniques
· Support with use of Non Invasive Ventilation (NIV) and cough support equipment
· Mobility advice and appropriate equipment provision
· Pain Management Techniques
· Advice on Anxiety management
· Advice on pacing activities
· Wheelchair assessment / referrals to Dorset Wheelchair Services
If you would like further information regarding the Physiotherapy Services available please contact Weldmar Hospicecares Physiotherapy Team on (01305) 215322