Sahara Trek: How we can help you to reach your fundraising target
We’re here to support you from the moment you express an interest in taking part
Recently, we launched our Overseas Challenge for 2022, returning to the destination of our very first foreign trip in 2013 – the Sahara Desert.
If you’ve been tempted into taking part, but worried about the fundraising, be assured that Weldmar is there to support you all the way – from the moment you sign up, right through to landing back on UK soil next November!
Before departure, this means help for you to both train for the event, and to reach your fundraising target.
Reaching the required £1,500 may seem daunting, but with some enthusiasm, planning, and inspiration from our team, we are confident you will get there! It’s also a much lower target than those set for our most recent Overseas Challenges.
We have put together lots of ideas for ways to fundraise, both with friends and family, at work, and utilising social media.
Alaine Harman from our Fundraising Team is leading the expedition, and will be your point of contact from the moment you express an interest. Here are her top fundraising tips:
- Set up a JustGiving page and share it widely. Make it personal so that people know why they should support you. And don’t forget to update it as much as possible to keep your supporters engaged with your progress.
- Whether you love gardening, swimming, walking, climbing, singing…You can use your hobbies to fundraise for the challenge, and have fun while doing it!
- Use your network of friends, family, and colleagues. They will be your loyalist supporters, and might have hidden talents you could use to help you.
- Work together! Team work really does make the dream work. For instance, a great organiser might not necessarily be a confident public speaker. Join forces to put on a quiz night.
- If your fundraising event is public, create a Facebook Event, and share it on your own page, and in any local Facebook Groups that you are part of.
- Always say thank you, publicly if possible. Not only does it show that you really appreciate all the help and support you’re given, but it might just encourage someone else to lend a hand too.
If you would like any further detail about the Sahara Desert Overseas challenge, please contact Alaine Harman on 01305 261800, or send a message here.