The latest visitor arrangements at our Inpatient Unit in Dorchester
Changes taking effect from 17th May, 2021
At Weldmar Hospicecare, we have been supporting loved ones to the best of our ability throughout the difficult months of the Covid-19 pandemic.
With the latest wave of restrictions being lifted from Monday 17th May, we are pleased to announce some changes to arrangements for visitors at our Inpatient Unit.
- Patients now do not need to allocate a list of visitors, and can welcome up to two visitors at any time on the IPU premises.
- We would ask that the visitors liaise with each other to ensure that they come at different times, and politely ask that all visitors still report to reception as usual to ensure security.
- Children under 12 are now permitted to visit with an adult/guardian.
- We are still unable to offer overnight stays at the present time, unless in exceptional circumstances.
- Food and drink can be accessed via the visitors’ kitchen, but must be consumed in the Orangery and not in the patient bays and rooms.
We are still encouraging all visitors to continue using the NHS App to check in to the Inpatient Unit during each visit
If you, or anyone in the household have a cough or high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell, please speak to the Inpatient Unit for guidance – PRIOR TO VISITING – you can call 01305 215300.
Thank you for your understanding.