Updates to visitor arrangements at our Inpatient Unit
Keep checking our website for the latest updates
At Weldmar Hospicecare, we continue to support loved ones being with their families during these difficult and uncertain times.
Of course, the safety and wellbeing of patients, staff and visitors is a priority, and we are following government advice to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Visitors will no longer be required to wear gowns and gloves when entering the Inpatient Unit.
Some changes to arrangements are now effective for visitors to our IPU, which means more family members will be able to visit.
- Patients will be able to have four named essential visitors, instead of two
- Two of these visitors will be able to attend at the same, instead of one, as long as they are both from the same household or bubble
In order to maintain the safety of all patients, staff and visitors, we continue to have these measures in place:
- We are unable to offer overnight stays at the present time
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted to visit
- No food or drink is to be consumed on the Inpatient Unit
- We are encouraging all visitors to continue using the NHS App to check in to the Inpatient Unit during each visit
- If you, or anyone in the household have a cough or high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell, please speak to the Inpatient Unit for guidance – PRIOR TO VISITING – you can call 01305 215300.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will continue to review the restrictions in place when we feel it is safe to do so.
We thank you for understanding.