Complementary Health Practitioner Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to join our expanding complementary therapy team and offer their time and professional skills in any of the following therapies:
- Indian Head Massage
- Relaxation and Visualisation
- Bowen Therapy Massage
- Craniosacral Therapy
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working with people within a palliative care setting, making a significant difference to their wellbeing and enabling them to better manage their pain and symptoms.
The volunteering role involves seeing Weldmar patients, carers and the bereaved at either our Inpatient Unit, or one of our five Day Services locations in the community: Weymouth, Dorchester, Bridport, Blandford and Shaftesbury.
We are also actively looking to invest in staff wellbeing and offer therapies and group sessions to members of the Weldmar team.
- A nationally recognised qualification such as an ITEC diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience (but less will be considered).
- Be registered with a recognised professional body with a code of practice such as the CNHC, FHT or CThA.
- Hold appropriate professional insurance
What we offer:
- An excellent opportunity to develop your skills and expertise within a professional, supportive environment, providing a valuable CPD opportunity.
- Induction training, ongoing support and regular 1:1s.
- Opportunities to network with other volunteers within group meetings and to provide workshop sessions for peers.
- All applications will be subject to a DBS check and the provision of two acceptable references
Please note we are unable to offer this opportunity to applicants who have been bereaved within the last 12 months.
For further information:
Complementary Therapy Lead