We launch our brand new Community Outreach Vehicle
This new vehicle will allow us to provide help and advice to remote locations across Dorset
Weldmar Hospicecare has launched an exciting, brand new service. Our first Community Outreach Vehicle, which will allow us to reach even more people across Dorset with help, advice, and information.
Funded by the money raised in our 2019 Christmas Appeal – which aimed to reduce loneliness and isolation in Dorset – as well as a donation from the Werth Foundation, the Community Outreach Vehicle will be visiting towns, villages, and hamlets across the county, manned by members of our team who can provide a chat and a cuppa to visitors.
The ribbon was cut by Mayor of Dorchester, Cllr Richard Biggs.
Take a look with our Director of Fundraising and Marketing, Matt Smith:
The vehicle will visit a number of local towns for the first time over the next few days, where you can come along to have a look and find out more:
- Thursday 24th September: Shaftesbury Market, outside the Town Hall, 9am-3pm
- Friday 25th September: Orchard Park Garden Centre, Gillingham, 9:30am-3pm
- Monday 28th September: Morrison’s, Bridport, 9:30am-3pm
- Tuesday 29th September: Castle Gardens Garden Centre, Sherborne, 9:30am-3pm
- Thursday 1st October: Weymouth town centre, outside Debenhams, 9:30am-3pm
- Friday 2nd October: Blandford Forum, outside the Corn Exchange (now posponed due to bad weather
At all locations, we will be observing Covid safety measures.
Our thanks go to LGF Commercials for their hard work in creating this bespoke vehicle for us.