We need your support, more now than ever before
Covid-19 is all over the news. We are all adapting and taking advice and guidance from the UK Government, ensuring that this virus can be contained as much as possible.
At Weldmar Hospicecare, our core services continue, as demand for our services increase.
Our clinical teams are on the front line. They are continuing to provide vital end of life care to the very people who are most vulnerable and at risk from Covid-19. We’re already looking after these patients, and we need this to continue.
We recognise that we are going to have to change our care models over the coming weeks and months and adapt to new ways of working to continue the safety and importantly, the care, to all of our patients and their loved ones. We know we’re going to have to change how we do this, but we don’t want this decision to be forced because of the lack of income. We need the reassurance that no matter how we provide our services over the coming months, we have the money to do it. We need to ensure that we have the financial support to care for everyone who needs us. But we can’t do this alone.
Following Government advice and to protect our patients and their loved ones, our workforce and our supporters, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all fundraising events and activities until the end of May. This date may be extended if we feel this is necessary. This will have a massive impact on our income.
We have also had to close our chain of 26 charity shops and outlets which also provides a vital and necessary income stream to continue our services each and every day, to everyone who needs us most. Being closed for a minimum of a month will lose us in the region of £300,000.
Covid-19 will have a significant impact on our fundraising and retail income. But, our care will continue. We still need to raise £18,000 every single day, so we can be here for everyone who needs us, today, tomorrow and over the coming weeks and months.
We are asking for your help. We know that everyone is going to be feeling the financial impact of Covid-19 but simply, without you, we will not be able to continue our care.
We’ve created several ideas and virtual fundraising options, which you can participate in anytime over the coming months. Some of these can be done from the comfort of your own home, and others will allow you the continue getting fresh air whilst helping us to continue our care right in your community.
- If you are working from home, why not save up your fuel costs that you would have spent travelling to and from your workplace. Save this up over the course of your home working and donate it via our online donation form.
- Maybe you treat yourself to a coffee, lunch or a drink at the pub with your colleagues after work each day. Why not consider saving this money up and helping us to continue to be here throughout this virus. We’ve made it easy to donate this money online.
Utilise Social Media…
- If you’ve got a birthday or celebration coming up and you were planning on going out for a meal, a few drinks or a night out, why not ask your friends and family instead to donate to Weldmar Hospicecare – continuing our care is the best gift they can give. It’s really easy to do with Facebook Donate and you can share the page with all your friends on social media too.
Join our virtual community…
- Why not take part in one of our brand new virtual events at a time and place that suits you. Run 26 miles over 26 days in our virtual marathon, participate in our virtual 5k or 10k walk or run on a day that suits you as part of your daily exercise. Or, if you fancy something virtual from the comfort of your own home then our Creative Practitioner is hosting some virtual craft workshops, using items that can be found around the house.
You could win £25,000…
- With many sporting events being cancelled including the Grand National, maybe you’re after a different way of having a chance of winning! Taking part in our lottery is simple and easy and you could win up to £25,000! For just £1.00 per week it’s a great way to support Weldmar Hospicecare.
Help us every month…
- Now, more than ever before, having regular monthly donations is vital. Knowing that each month we have a guaranteed donation will allow us to plan and continue our services, no matter what the circumstances. A small monthly donation can really make a big difference. However much you can give, be rest assured that it will be spent in the best possible way.
These are just a few ideas but there’s plenty of other ways that you can support your local hospice and enable us to continue caring for people, right now, in your community.
Our friendly fundraising team are on hand to support you with whatever way to choose to help us continue our care. Just call 01305 261800 – we’re on hand and ready to help.
With your support we can continue providing outstanding end of life care to everyone who needs us – throughout Covid-19 and in the future.