Weldmar Hospicecare is a ‘disability confident organisation’
We are continuing to focus on being a Disability Confident employer.
Thursday 3rd December is the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD).
The day is designed and aimed to promote the rights and wellbeing of disabled people across society. Did you know that in 2019, Weldmar committed to become a disability confident organisation?
This means that we have committed to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to all
- Communication and promoting our vacancies
- Offering interviews to applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job
- Anticipating and providing adjustments as necessary for anyone with a disability
- Supporting any existing employees who acquire a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- Providing at least one activity that will make a difference to people with a disability
Here at Weldmar Hospicecare we are continuing to focus on being a Disability Confident employer.
Here is our Head of People Services, Lynn Goodchild, with our Disability Confident certificate.