Weldmar’s local Light Up A Life services return for 2021
Join us at your nearest service to remember those who will be missed this Christmas
Weldmar Hospicecare is delighted to announce that local Light Up A Life services will return across Dorset this year, after not being able to go ahead last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Light up a Life is an opportunity to remember those closest to us – whether they were cared for by Weldmar, or not. When you dedicate a light, it will be placed on a tree in your chosen location and will shine bright until the 12th night.
Your loved one’s name will be included in our 2021 Book of Remembrance and you will also receive a wooden star to keep at home, or to hang on the tree at the service.
This year, after careful consideration, we’re delighted to be able to hold physical services at seven locations across Dorset in December, as follows.
- Groves Nurseries and Garden Centre, Bridport – Friday 3rd December at 6.30pm
- Holme for Gardens, Wareham – Sunday 5th December at 4.30pm
- Weldmar’s Inpatient Unit, Dorchester – Tuesday 7th December at 6.30pm
- Castle Gardens, Sherborne – Wednesday 8th December at 6.30pm
- Orchard Park Garden Centre, Gillingham – Thursday 9th December at 6.30pm
- Hope Square, Weymouth, supported by Dream Cottages – Sunday 12th December at 5.00pm
- St Michael’s Church, Lyme Regis – Sunday 19th December at 4.00pm
The services will feature traditional carols, readings and a period of reflection. For those that can’t attend, we’ll be streaming the service on Facebook and Youtube from our Inpatient Unit on Tuesday 7th December, so that you can still be part of this moving and poignant event.
Aimee Overington, Spiritual and Counselling Lead for Weldmar Hospicecare says ‘Christmas can be a difficult, isolating and lonely time for people experiencing loss and grief. This is an opportunity to come together with others to remember those who are important to us, whether this is the first Christmas without them or they have been missed for some time.”
We ask for a donation for every dedicated light. This helps us to fund our services, ensuring that we can continue to care for adults with a life limiting illness, and their families, in Dorset.